In June 2014, the Greater Columbus Infant Mortality Task Force ended its 6-month process with the release of its final report to the residents of Franklin County. In it were eight recommendations to reduce the community’s alarming infant mortality rate by 40 percent and cut the racial health disparity gap in half by 2020. CelebrateOne was created in November 2014 to carry out the Task Force’s recommendations and ensure Franklin County meets its ambitious goal.
Our initiatives are to:
• Improve women’s health before pregnancy
• Improve reproductive health planning
• Improve prenatal care systems and supports for highest risk families
• Ensure highest standards of quality for perinatal care
• Reduce maternal smoking
• Promote Infant Safe Sleep.
• Improve supports for highest risk families.
• Reduce Household Smoking.
• Improve social and economic conditions that drive disparities across our community and in neighborhoods where infant mortality rates are the highest.
Every baby deserves to celebrate his or her first birthday!
Parent & baby specific resources: https://healthcare-access-columbus.opendata.arcgis.com/.